Intelligence from space, anywhere.
Wyvern is making something big. Our vision is to provide actionable intelligence from space, anywhere in the solar system. To achieve this we need to entirely reimagine how satellite Earth observation is done.
We’re a rapidly growing space company in Western Canada, powered by humans who are passionate about space and dedicated to excellence. If you’re excited by the prospect of creating a step increase in the capability of space-based cameras, we want you on our team.
What Wyvern expects from you
- You can explain technical concepts about your work to non-technical people and keep them engaged as you explain.
- You have experience with optical systems & know how to make design decisions based on optical tolerance requirements.
- You have experience in thermal modelling & analysis as well as CAD design, preferably in SolidWorks.
- You have experience developing hardware for space, vacuum and/or similar harsh environments as well as environmental testing experience (e.g. TVAC).
- If you’re a recent graduate, you were involved in extracurricular team projects that challenged your technical skills (ex. hackathons, robotics club, etc.).
- Ideally you have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Applied Science or equivalent.
What to expect from Wyvern
- We have a startup culture. Working hours are flexible.
- Some in-person work in our Edmonton lab will be required.
- We give ample vacation time, a health benefits package, and stock options.
- We’re small but rapidly growing. The systems you craft will be foundational to Wyvern’s success and you will get the unique opportunity to grow with the company.
- This is a full-time, permanent position based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Last update: 2021-07-13
This is not an official job offer. Terms in this description are subject to change.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org